FOR A FULL LIST OF BENEFITS, PLEASE VISIT THE AFT WEBSITE
Identity Theft Protection
The AFT is launching a free benefit to protect members against identity theft—the fastest-growing crime in America. We have partnered with CLC ID Protect to offer all members, including retirees, an ID Threat Score as well as assistance in the event you are a victim of identity theft.
Members who register for the free benefit will have an opportunity to purchase additional comprehensive individual or family ID theft protection. These upgraded services include 24/7 credit monitoring, $1 million of ID theft insurance, enhanced fraud and credit resolution services, and more.
- Register here(link is external) to get your ID Threat Score and to participate in the free program.
- You will need the local union number to register 2364
Are you an AFT Member? Then you’re covered.
The AFT has arranged for all active, working members* in good standing to have a $5,000 accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance policy from The Union Labor Life Insurance Company. The AD&D benefit is included in your AFT local union membership, so you’re already covered.
Whether an accident resulting in a covered injury or loss of life happens at work or away, this AD&D insurance coverage pays you or your beneficiary a cash benefit within 90 days.
As one of the valuable benefits of AFT membership, the AFT has paid for this coverage for ALL eligible members of the AFT.
* Retired members are not eligible for this benefit.
What you should know
AFT members who spend their lives working to provide stability for their families should have extra protection if a work-related accident occurs. That’s why the policy provides extra benefits for workplace accidents.
- Coverage for both on-the-job and off-the-job accidents.
- Coverage extends to accidents occurring anywhere in the world.
- $5,000 benefit is paid to member’s beneficiary for accidental loss of life.
- Full or partial benefit for accidental loss of hand, foot, sight, speech, or hearing.
This policy has eligibility criteria, limitations, and terms under which the policy may be continued in force or discontinued.
- Injury or death occurring at the workplace. Travel to and from work is excluded from this double benefit.